Friday, October 28, 2011

The Home Stretch

SPOILER ALERT:  Don't read unless you have read 95% of Into the Wilderness. 

I am yawning like crazy but wanted to post one thing before I go to bed...and then I'll post more tomorrow.

When Elizabeth was unconscious and Nathaniel stripped naked and got into bed with her?  Oh wow.  Be still my heart.  And NOT because he's hawt...but because it was the most raw and genuine gesture I have ever seen.  He wanted her to smell him.  (I swear, I'm not laughing when I say that...like I did with Edward Cullen's "essence".)

OK seriously - chew on that (as if you haven't; I realize I'm late to this party) and we'll discuss more tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely looooooooved that!

    I'm so glad that you're enjoying this book, Carol. :-)

    -Cari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting to see if you're going on to book 2....I have it lined up and ready to go (gulp!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia - honestly - I don't even know at this point. I have 5% more to go on Book 1 and am sizing things up. How crazy is that? I assume I'll read it - it probably depends on how this one ends up. I just sortof feel like so much more could have been done with these books to give you that "can't put it down" feeling...I'll get into that a little more in my next blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol - so maybe you can see where I've been coming from regarding this book? I know I'm in the minority here, as most of the bloggers seem to absolutely love it - and don't get me wrong; there were parts that I enjoyed, it's just my overall feeling about the writing, and plot and character development that left me very disappointed after such high hopes. Can't wait to read what you have to say once you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "He knew the smell of her could wake him from the dead."

    I'm quoting that and I don't even know if that's what he said. I think I'm close. I LOVED that scene. It was so raw. Nat so doesn't care what anyone thinks either. He was there with Elizabeth and that was the only thing that mattered.

    Carol, so many exciting things must have happened. I need a blog!! ;) I just bought my own copy of the book, finally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I JUST finished book 6. You need to finish this series. Seriously. There is some goooooood stuff coming. Promise.

    Hildy, Carol,
    I know!! Nat always knows just what to do. Isn't he just fantastic?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps.
    Why don't you post when you are done? Maybe we can set up a "chat" with the others?

    ReplyDelete