Monday, October 24, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Duck Yearlings, oh YUCK!

Holy crap, I haven't posted in a dog's age.  Why?  Because I've been READIN', y'all!

SPOILER ALERT - Crap, I have no idea where I am.  Wait - yesterday I saw "L".  WTF number is THAT?!  Clearly I must brush up on my Roman numerals.  50??

Jack Lingo:  The Man.  The Myth
The stinky turd-ball. 
Wow - so much has happened.   Girlfriend killed Jack Lingo, which was cool...but I kindof felt like it was too soon.  He could have come around again and again and all the more fun would have been had out in the brush.  And why couldn't she find her ring?  Does Dutch Ton have it?  She found everything else but the ring.  Odd.

Liz and Nate finally got back to Paradise - and not a moment too soon.  I was sick to death of traipsing around through the woods in moccasins.  It was like Pillars of the Earth or Drums of Autumn all the hell over again.  Walk...see a wren.  Walk...slip on leaves.  Walk...get down to bizznazz...Walk...get caught in rainstorm.  Walk...get knifed.  Walk...bury someone.  Walk...get taken to Indian lands in Canada.  Walk...sleep on your rolled up blanket.  (Ew.  Like you'd EVER do this?  Gross.)

Sometimes the woods ain't so lovely...
AND - speaking of rainstorms...can you IMAGINE getting stuck out in the woods during a thunderstorm...at night? Yeah, right.  They'd have found me sitting up against a tree, pushing my finger downward against my lips making noises that sounded like a newborn's.  Or lady Gaga.  IF they found me at all.

"Oh Nathaniel... it's OK.  Break on into
that mine and make me a necklace.
So let's see...what has really struck me in this story?  I will tell you what - and pay attention now children because I never talk serious at y'all:  I am very much enjoying the struggle between the White and Native American worlds.  I think this is being conveyed very realistically (much moreso than a certain fictional series I love more than life about a redheided dude.)  I love how Lizzie's is completely caught between the two.  I suppose Nathaniel is as well...but honey badger don't give a shit.  He's like "I'm here...I'm white-but-I-act-like-an-Indian...deal with it!"  I find Lizzie to be very commendable because she doesn't worry about what others think (most of the time)...but I suppose that's a little easier when you've got Aunt Merriweather's dinero accruing interest in the bank - AND all that silver in the mine that really is the Kahan'ahaneshaaa'snaaah's  Mohawk's.

Today, children, we're going to talk
about just how damned hawt my
hubband is, mmmkayyyy? 
So Boots is back to teaching...and her students are gettin' into trouble with the ink pot.  And Nathaniel just happens to catch Liam Kirby outside the window of the school.  Frankly, I found it a little more disturbing that Nathaniel was also outside the window of the school.  Doesn't boyfriend have some corn to be shucking?  Oh wait...that's womens' work.  I forgot.

What I find interesting is that Daddy Warbucks has barely said/done much since they got back to Paradise.  What a wuss!  And Julian is the biggest wussy man on the planet, too.  And Kitty is on my LAST nerve.  What a moron she is.  I don't feel bad for her anymore.  She is a) stupid  and b) bitchy.  A lethal combination for one's karma.  She's lucky to make it to the end of this book.

I am a little sad that the nookie seems to be dying down.  We just had a scene where they hiked over to the waterfall...swam in...went behind it..."were cold....got warm...and went to sleep".  Not a direct quote, but you get my drift.  No details in the hay-rolling at all.  I was like "Whoa!  Watch out! says that bird.  Has it come to this already?!"  (Sorry for all the Honey Badger references.  It's that kind of day.)

OK so I'll be reading more today.  I know I'm 75% through on Kindle.  Will I be moving on to Book 2?  Still not sure.  Depends on how this one ends. :)


11 comments:

  1. We do need a chat tonight - so many things to discuss!

    The Inkpot. How much did you giggle at that?? You and I both have little boys....cracked me UP!

    You haven't posted in such a long time that I feel like you've left out a few, um, nookie moments. Nothing to be said about Nathaniel's education in the ways of satisfaction in Robbie's cave??? How about THE ISLAND?!?! Oh my goodness, the island.... **swoon**

    (I'll try to make it to chat early tonight to discuss, but we've got a Cub Scouts Halloween party starting at 7:00.)

    ttfn,
    -Cari

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the Roman Numerals - that bugged me too!! I'm not even sure I ever figured out how many chapters were in that book...

    Rest assured - she stops using them after the first book. ;-)

    -Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying a word - not one single word. See how you feel at the end of the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. K, I love Honey Badger!!

    Cari,
    THE CAVE!! Uhhhhhhhhhhh. What more can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, I'm loving your photo captions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creepy Jack Lingo picture! I'd say that's pretty spot on. Now find one of Dutch Ton - odor not included.

    -C

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about Robbie??? Doncha love him?

    I gotta go back to when E shot Nat. I started to love Dr T at that moment. I quote: "you married the wrong man but you sure as hell shot the right one!"

    Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hildy,
    your fondness for Dick disturbs me at times. LOL!

    I'll admit to occasional bouts of attraction to Dick. But I always find my way back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and Robbie is Rabbie McNab from OL, right? The son of Mary McNab? Is that correct or have I completely mangled that in my tiny brain?

    And YES, I LOVE Robbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robbie is not Rabbie McNab.

    My love for Dick is different. I don't love him like I love Nathaniel or anything. I'm not going to change my name to Hot-4-Dick or anything. That would have taken some explaining in chat last night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol - I absolutely LUVED this post! It had me cracking up the whole time I was reading it. The captions were great under the pictures :)

    Hildy- that name would be hilarious - Hot-4-Dick, so many things would be running through our heads to comment on! But seriously how can you even have a bit of affection for that man?!

    I also love Robbie.

    ReplyDelete