Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What a Tangled Web we Weave!

Spoiler Alert:  Don't read unless you've read...geez...I dunno...chapter 17ish in Into the Wilderness.

Oh yeah.  Nathaniel's growing on me.  BIG time.  I KNEW he'd be on that Lacrosse field.  I just KNEW it.  And of course he scores the game-winning goal...with his red and black-painted face.  Ya-Um. That is just one fine non-Native American-who-wishes-he-were-Native American.  Mmmm hmmm.

And I LOVED when he said "I'll come for you" and then showed up at the house...took Elizabeth into the barn, sat her ass down and said "Talk to me."  THAT was hot.  Because it was so ATTENTIVE.  I also love how he hasn't laid a hand on her!  Such respect!  Such chivalry!  Such a mannnnnnnnly man.

OK so Elizabeth is pretending not to care about Nathaniel while the snow thaws...so she can run off and marry him.  And I'm feeling kindof bad for Richard Todd and even MORE bad for poor Katherine!!  Hey, Elizabeth?!  How's about throwing some of your sloppy seconds back so this poor girl can have some chance of happiness, mmmm kayyyyy???

The Judge is going to freak the freak out when he finds out what his dear Lizzie has been up to.  I look forward to that little showdown because that fellow is completely CLUELESS.

And dontcha just LOVE how Julian wants himself some Abigail slash Many Doves slash I-don't-care-what-the-eff-you-call-her-as-long-as-she-stays-the-frig-away-from-Nathaniel"?!  (Although I question whether or not she could actually be Nathaniel's half sister).  I just love that he's loving a Native American, too...and ain't nuthin' Daddy can do about it.  I hope they get together.  You know, so Lizzie can have some kin folk of her own once she moves on up to Walton's Mountain with Runs Faster Than Wolves or whatever the hell Nathaniel's Indian name is.

Yup.  Nathaniel's growing on me...

MUST go read.  More later.  Squee.

15 comments:

  1. "Abigail slash Many Doves slash I-don't-care-what-the-eff-you-call-her-as-long-as-she-stays-the-frig-away-from-Nathaniel"?! "

    Whoa, that's about as long as Cari's new name!! I love it though!

    I love when Nathaniel listed the reasons why he wanted her. *Sigh*

    LOL at Walton's Mountain! It made me think of the Barrington Trailer (I mean mobile home)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much did you love the turkey dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am completely corny.........but I thought about Nat and E. when I heard this song today.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCFmawMZCz8

    ReplyDelete
  4. "That is just one fine non-Native American-who-wishes-he-were-Native American. Mmmm hmmm."

    lol I love that you're loving Nathaniel! I need to get out my copy of ITW so that I can follow along with you.

    BTW, I think that I referred to her as "Whats
    's-Her-Name-Doves", so yeah, I'm with you there. ;-)


    -Cari (I wonder if I'll ever have a normal login name on ITWP??)


    P.S. "The Barrington Trailer (I mean mobile home)" lol, Hildy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer J - ooooh good song. And sung by a bunch of hotties, too.

    Can I tell you, there was a point in the book last night where I laughed right out loud and thought of the three of you: Jennifer J...Cari and Hildy. Seriously. I love that you guys are so into this series. YOU ROCK. :)

    PS - Afraid to ask Tracey what she thinks. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We seriously need to Skype!!!!! That would be so fun! I KNOW that we could convince you to love Nat. Just tell me when so I can book a hair appointment first!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, *I* want to know what Tracey thinks too! I have a hunch she and I are going to be the only ones on the other side of the fence on this book. That being said, I'm gearing up to read Book 2 - all of these comments have rekindled my interest! Oy, is right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Hildy re: hair appt. You sound like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS - Julia - I am on the fence about book 2 but book 1 has just gotten very good - so something tells me I'll read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you don't like book 1, you sure as Shirley aren't going to like book 2. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer J - why do you say that about book 2? I am assuming the writing gets better - are you telling me it gets worse????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer J - why do you say that about book 2? I am assuming the writing gets better - are you telling me it gets worse????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer J - why do you say that about book 2? I am assuming the writing gets better - are you telling me it gets worse????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia,
    honestly the first part of book 2 is a wee bit sluggish. But it definitely picks up. Books 3 and 4 I looooooooved. Currently reading book 5.

    My reasoning is this: if ye havena fallen for Nat and E. in book 1, it just isn't going to happen. I would recommend the same for Outlander. I'm assuming you've read that series? 'Cause really, who hasn't????? Ha. If you didn't fall hard for Mr.James Malcom Alexander MacKenzie Fraser in book 1 **gasp**, why would you bother reading books 2-7?

    ReplyDelete